- The Committee may decide to not thoroughly discuss the content of the Address and reject it if:
- The content of the Address is coinciding with an Address that was proceeded within a two year period.
- The Address is clearly not in accord with the principles of the Constitution of the Republic of Estonia.
- If the Committee decides to reject the Address the decision has to be explained to the contact person(s) marked on the Address.
- The Board of the Riigikogu will inform the contact person(s) within 30 day period starting from the submission date whether the Address will be proceeded.
- If the Riigikogu decides to proceed with the Address they will forward it to the relevant committees. This process can also be followed on www.rahvaalgatus.ee.
- If the Address does not correspond to the necessary requirements The Board of the Riigikogu will return it to the contact person(s) and give an opportunity to make amendments.
- The Board of the Riigikogu will inform the contact person(s) about not proceeding with the Address and identifies the reasons for the decision.
The publication of the Citizen Initiative Portal has been recognised as the greatest achievement of the Open Governance Partnership Action Plan for 2014-2016 in the field of open policy-making. To date, we have sent over 7,000 digital signatures to the Estonian Parliament (Riigikogu).
The time has come to move forward and further develop the collective petitioning right. This is required in order to populate the created environment with initiatives that will make our lives better!